Let’s play a game. You have 30 secs.
The Answers is D
Did you know above question is a sample question taken from PURDUE SPATIAL VISUALIZATION TEST?
Err…What is spatial visualization? It sounds complicated.
Well, Spatial Visualization is the ability to mentally manipulate objects.
And why is this important?
Visual-spatial skills are of great importance to succeed in solving many tasks in everyday life.
Radiologists must be able to interpret the image on a medical X-ray,Engineering in the field of computer graphics etc.
There is a strong correlation between spatial visualization and cognitive skills.
The Little Explorer Premium Early Learning Kit helps lay the foundation for spatial visualization and cognitive skills though the following concepts:
- Things in the house
- Things around the house
- Things in nature
Spatial skills rarely work in isolation from other abilities such as, logical reasoning, efficient memory retrieval, verbal skills and fine motor skills.
Learning technique used to teach: Connected Learning, Shadow Method of Learning
The Little Explorer Premium Early Learning Kit comes with 6 products that are interconnected to each other:
1)The Magical Water Drawing Mat:
• Kids have never ending imaginations.
• This mat allows your child to draw using a pen filled with water.
• When the water evaporates, their drawing magically disappears, so they can draw again and again!!
• No mess, no ink, no chemicals! It is no-mess fun!
How exactly will this mat help your child?
✔ Spatial Visualization Development:
When you restrict your child, you are restricting his/her creativity.
For eg: If your child scribbles on the wall, you’d probably get mad and grab the crayon from him/her.
But by doing this you are not allowing your child to express.
This restricting doesn’t allow your child’s imagination to develop, which is vital for developing visualization.
By using this drawing mat, you don’t have to worry about the walls, sofa or bed sheets getting dirty!
Allow your child to scribble all he/wants since the pen contains only water.
✔ Handwriting Development
- Writing or scribbling regularly at a young age naturally improves fine motor skills.
- Constant scribbling acts as the preamble for eventual handwriting skills and muscle control in fingers.
- This mat has been designed keeping that in mind.
• The Little Explorer Premium kit comes with 3 jigsaw puzzles.
• Puzzles are great for cognitive development.
• These 6 piece puzzles are designed keeping keep your toddler in mind.
• They are challenging enough to get your toddler thinking, and at the same time, not to difficult for them to complete.
• They are age appropriate
How exactly will these Jigsaw Puzzles help your child?
✔Develops Divergent Thinking
Doing age appropriate puzzles are great for divergent thinking
✔Develops Analytical Thinking
Puzzles are great for analytical development as your child has to analyze and decide which piece goes where.
• Your child starts with a goal to solve the puzzle.
• Along the way he will make mistakes by putting in the wrong piece.
• He will learn from his mistake and try and find the right piece.
• This will help develop problem-solving skills in your toddler.
3)The Shadow Book
• Did you ever wonder, what are shadows and images? How are they formed? How are they important for us?
• This innovative book helps your child explore and learn about the things around him/her using the shadow method of learning, thus enabling him/her to develop his/her curiosity.
• The book features a simple question on every page that gets your child thinking and he/she will love to open the shadow flap to reveal the answer.
How exactly will this Shadow Book help your child?
The book features a simple question on every page that will get your child thinking.
A shadow flap reveals the answer.
✔Spatial Visualization Enhancement
The child looks at the shadow flap and trys to visualize what’s underneath it . This activity helps develop your childs spatial visualization. The shadows have been designed in such a manner that they are not too obvious or too vague. This method enhances recognition.
4)Little Explorer DVD
• The Little Explorer DVD is ideal for young children.
• It is the most effective and contemporary learning system for your toddler to discover the world around him/her.
How exactly will this DVD help your child?
The content of the DVD helps increase awareness of the world around your child.
The DVD follows the shadow method of learning to develop spatial visualization.
• Digital Learning has taken up a significant place in learning in the recent years.
• The future promises more of it.
• Hence, your child needs to have the basic skill set to absorb and learn from digital devices.
• This DVD acts as one of the earliest digital learning sessions your child will encounter in his/her lifetime
5)The Little Explorer Flashcards :
• Your child can explore the things around him/her with these Brilliant flash cards.
• He/she can learn about things at home and the world in a fun way.
How exactly will these Flashcards help your child?
Flash cards are very important for learning and positive enforcement.
✔Learning through picture-word association
• The earliest learning takes place by pointing at an object and saying the word out aloud to your child.
• Flashcards are great for this!
6)Book of Activity Sheets :
Use our activity sheets to engage your child in fun activities like joining the dots, colouring etc.
How exactly will these Activity Sheets help your child?
✔Develop Fine Motor Skills
• Working on a dot-to-dot sheet is a great way to strengthen hand and finger muscles.
• This in turn will help your child to write in later years.
• Worksheets are a great tool for revision or relearning.
• Watch this video to find out why relearning is important.
Bring home the SuperBaby Little Explorer Kit Today