10 Best Places In India To Holiday With Family
If you are looking to go on a holiday, here is a list of 10 best places in India to holiday with family. It depends when you want to visit a place. Since summer is just around the corner, let’s check out few summer destinations in India.
Taking a baby along means there are plenty of things you’ll have to think and plan about. Although children do adapt quickly, travelling can mean a lot of discomfort. Babies do get upset with too much jolting or too many changes in temperature. Keeping this in mind, make your plans carefully.
Try one or two-day outings to nearby places first. Suggested places close to Hyderabad are:
1. Ananthagiri hills ( Ranga Reddy Dist.) 2 hours away from Hyderabad.
2. The Khammam Kinnerasani Lake wildlife sanctuary.
3. The Bhadrachalam boat ride.
4. Araku near Vizag
You can get more details over internet. Try www.telenganatourism.gov.in
But if you are looking for adventurous places and willing to spend money, there are plenty of interesting holiday destinations. However, let’s get it clear that visiting any place with a baby itself is an adventure.
It would be advisable to make one place a base and then venture out from there for sight-seeing. This is because you’re travelling with a baby, so make sure you’re within the reach of doctors, shops etc.
There are hill stations in North India- but everybody seems to head there during summers. But if you plan and book early, you might get the change of air that you desire.
5. Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh. The tourist season is usually from March to June. If you decide to stay for a week in Shimla, then you can avail of the Himachal Pradesh tourism services which can arrange short trips to nearby places of interest like Barog and Chail. You’ll have to get to Delhi and from there you can either take trains or a flight to the Jubbarhatti airport near Shimla. You can get more information from : hptdc.nic.in
6. Darjeeling is a hill station in West Bengal, famous for its tea gardens. It’s a place worth seeing. As in Shimla, the season is from March to June. The air is pleasant and cool. The main attractions here are the tea gardens and the view of the snowy peaks of the Kangchendzonga. You can travel by train to Howrah, Kolkatta; switch to Sealdah station and head for New Jalpaiguri by train. You can catch a bus to Darjeeling from there; or you can get the toy train from Siliguri (which is an hour away) to Darjeeling. The other option is to fly to Kolkatta and get a connecting flight to Bagdogra airport. You can catch a bus or taxi to Darjeeling. For more information: email [email protected], [email protected]
7. Gangtok, Sikkim: If you wish to visit Gangtok instead of Darjeeling, you can get a bus or taxi from New Jalpaiguri or from Bagdogra airport. Sikkim is breath-taking in its beauty and you’ll be glad to have visited it. Get more information from: Sikkim tourism, website: Sikkim.nic.in
8. If you’re looking for a cool location in south india, you can’t do better than head for Udhagamandalam(formerly Ootacamund). It involves less travel time if you are living in south india. You can get necessary information from: RTDC, Tourist office, TTDC complex, No. 2 Wallajah Road, Chennai. Tel: 044-25365554.
9. Matheran: It is a cool and beautiful hill station in Maharashtra. It is a weekend get away for a lot of Mumbaikers. If you have fewer holidays, it is a good place to chill out. For more information contact; Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation: maharashtratourism.gov.in
10. Coorg : Coorg in Karnataka is a popular summer destination. The coffee plantations would be worth a visit. Contact: Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC): kstddc.nic.in for further information.
More Interesting Articles
To read more interesting Articles, Subscribe to our Free News Letter by clicking the image below