1. Bread & Butter Pudding (Sugar Free)
NOTE: MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON’T INTRODUCE 2 NEW FOODS TO YOUR BABY ON THE SAME DAY. ALWAYS MAINTAIN A GAP OF 2-3 DAYS.
Bread and Butter Pudding
1. 6 slices bread
2. 4 tbsp butter
3. 1 tbsp raisins (around 8-10)
4. 1 egg
5. 1 cup baby formula mixed in water (this is a substitute for milk)
1. Pre heat your over to 180 deg C.
2. Take a small pudding dish and using a brush, lightly brush butter along the inside of the dish.
3. Remove the crusts of the bread and apply butter on both sides of the slices.
4. Layer these buttered slices in the pudding dish.
5. Heat the milk and whisk the egg into it. Pour this mixture over the layered bread slices and sprinkle raisins on top.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until you see a golden top has formed.
7. This is a great dish to feed your baby.
Note: Once your baby turns 1, you can use regular milk instead of formula and add some sugar to the milk. This way, even you can enjoy the pudding.
Brown Rice with Soft Chicken and Veggies
1. ½ a chicken breast chopped
2. ½ a carrot
3. ½ cup peas
4. ½ a potato
5. ½ an onion
6. ½ tbsp cumin ( jeera) powder
7. 1 cup brown rice
8. A pinch of turmeric
9. 1 tbsp oil
2. Take another pan and heat oil.
3. Add chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent.
4. Add the other vegetables and chicken and stir.
5. Add cumin powder and mix well.
6. Cover with water and cook until all the vegetables and chicken are cooked. (Alternatively, you can cook this in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles).
7. Once done, using a blender, puree the chicken and veggies to form a sauce like consistency.
8. Spoon this over the soft brown rice and feed it to your baby.
Note: While blending, use the same water in which you cooked the chicken and vegetables. This enhances the flavour.
Ghee Rice with Egg
1. Take a small saucepan and heat ghee.
2. Add the chopped garlic, coriander (dhania) powder and curry leaves and stir.3. Add the mashed rice.
4. Add the yolk of the hard boiled egg and mix well.
5. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
6. Remove the curry leaves before feeding it to your little one.
Note: Avoid feeding egg white to your baby before he/she turns 1. Only hard boiled egg yolk can be fed.
Papaya and Melon Swirl
1. In a blender, add the chopped fruits, formula and water.
2. Do not add too much water.
3. Allow it to blend to the consistency of an ice cream.
4. If it is too watery, you can add another spoon of baby formula.
5. Once done, you can feed this yummy swirl to your baby in a small colourful bowl.
Yummy Chicken and Potato Soup
1. ½ cup potato peeled and chopped
2. ½ cup chicken chopped
3. ½ an onion chopped
4. 2 cloves garlic
5. ½ cup cheddar cheese
6. 2 tbsp butter
7. 2 cups water
Add more water depending on how your baby likes it.
Even you can enjoy this yummy soup by adding salt and pepper in your bowl.
Macaroni / Pasta with Tomato or Cheese Sauce
1. 2 cups macaroni
1. Boil the macaroni in water until completely soft and cooked.
For Cheese Sauce
3. Mix the baby formula with water to form a milky consistency and add this to the roux.
4. Mix well so that there are no lumps.
5. Add the grated cheese to this and allow it to slightly thicken.
6. Once done, spoon this over the mashed pasta and feed it to your baby.
For Tomato Sauce
1. Take a saucepan and heat olive oil.
2. Add the chopped onion and sauté lightly until soft and translucent.
3. Chop or mash the garlic clove and add it.
4. Pour in the tomato puree and allow it to cook until it starts to bubble and the raw smell and flavour is gone.
5. Once done, spoon this over the mashed pasta and feed it to your baby.
Mixed Vegetable Soup
This is a highly nutritious recipe for your little baby. This soup is rich in multi-vitamins and folic acid. Babies enjoy the sweet and tangy flavour of this yummy soup but if by any chance your baby avoids sour taste then you can remove tomatoes from this recipe.
3. Bottle Guard
1. Take chopped cauliflower, tomatoes, carrots and bottle guard.
2. Add some water, salt and little pepper. Cook it in the cooker for three to four whistles.
3. Allow it to cool and then blend it to form a smooth puree.
4. Heat some butter in the pan and warm the puree to suit the pallet of your baby.