10 simple ways to stop your baby from crying
There are countless times when your baby has been fed, bathed, changed, burped and cuddled but he/she will not stop crying. This is normal as babies do tend to be a little fussy and you as a parent need to find a particular method, or many different ones, to turn to when your baby is being a little difficult.
Here are some methods that parents use to soothe their crying baby:
- Use rocking or swinging motions. Many babies are used to motion due to their experience in the womb so a swinging or rocking motion can help soothe the baby. There are many infant seats or swings that offer swinging motions as well.
- Try swaddling the baby in a light blanket, tight enough to hold his feet and hands but not so tight that it makes the baby uncomfortable. Swaddling generally gives the baby a feeling of security and comfort.
- A consistent rhythmic noise like a washing machine or a fan can help calm the baby down.
- Your baby could be crying due to gas. So, to relieve this, you can place the baby across your knees and cycle his/her feet or rub his/her back.
- Massage the babies back or tummy in a rhythmic manner. This can help soothe the baby.
- Driving the baby around in the car has helped some parents quieten their child.
- A pacifier is a handy object to soothe a baby
- You can download a white noise app or buy a machine as these sounds tend to replicate the noise a baby would have heard in the womb and will help calm him/her down.
- Create a calm environment by darkening the room and ensure that it is quiet and peaceful
- If your baby likes to have baths then a great way to soothe him/her is to give him a warm bath or let him/her sit in warm water. This will not only provide a distraction but will also calm him/her down.