1. Special Olive Oil Omelette
2. Apple Chicken Nuggets
1. Poached Fish and Potato
2. Spinach and Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Pasta
1. Creamy Sweet Corn and Carrot Rice
11 Months Baby Food Recipes
NOTE: MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON’T INTRODUCE 2 NEW FOODS TO YOUR BABY ON THE SAME DAY. ALWAYS MAINTAIN A GAP OF 2-3 DAYS.
Special Olive Oil Omelette
1. 1 egg yolk
2. 1/4th of a tomato – deseeded and finely chopped
3. 1/4th of an onion
4. 2 basil leaves finely chopped
1. Take a saucepan and heat some olive oil.
2. Add chopped onion and tomato.
3. Beat the egg yolk well and pour it in the pan.
4. Sprinkle some thyme if you have. This gives a nice flavour. You can avoid it if you don’t have thyme.
5. Flip over and cook well.
6. Once done, mash slightly with your fingers and feed it to your baby.
Note: When you pour the egg yolk in the pan, you can mix it to make a scrambled egg with the same recipe.
Apple Chicken Nuggets
1. 1 apple finely grated
2. 1 cup chicken mince/ground chicken
3. 1 garlic clove
4. 1 egg yolk
5. A pinch of pepper
6. A pinch of powdered thyme
1. Take a bowl and mix the apple, chicken, garlic, pepper and thyme.
2. Make small nuggets with the mixture.
3. Beat the egg yolk and dip/brush each nugget in it.
4. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the nuggets well.
5. Alternatively, you can grill the nuggets but make sure that the chicken is well cooked.
6. You can use olive oil to make it more healthy and crispy.
7. Once done, feed it to your little one and enjoy some yourself.
1. One cup of rice
2. ½ cup Moong Dal
3. ¼ teaspoon Cumin
4. 1 tablespoon Ghee
5. A few black peppers
6. A few curry leaves
7. A few cashews (optional)
8. A pinch of salt.
1. Soak the rice for 15 minutes.
2. Heat some ghee in a pressure cooker and add the pepper, curry leaves and cumin to it.
3. Add washed moong dal to it and sauté for a minute.
4. Add the rice and a pinch of salt.
5. Add 3 cups of water and cook for 4 whistles on a low flame.
6. When the pressure has subsided, open the cooker. Remove the curry leaves and mash the rice well.
7. The Pongal is ready to serve! For added calories, sauté a few cashews in ghee to a crisp brown and add it to the rice.
Poached Fish and Potato
1. 1 fillet of fish (boneless)
2. 1 potato
3. A pinch of pepper
1. Take a bowl and fill it with water.
2. Place the fillet of boneless fish in this and place it on the stove.
3. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is completely cooked.
4. Boil the potato separately and mash using a masher.
5. Mix the fish, mashed potato and pepper in a bowl and feed it to your baby.
Note: You can use any fish of your choice but make sure that there are no bones. Also, make sure that the fish is fresh.
Spinach and Paneer(Cottage Cheese) Pasta
1. 1 cup pasta (macaroni or penne work best)
2. 1 bunch of spinach
3. 1 cup of grated cottage cheese
1. Cook the pasta in water until it is very soft, soft enough for your baby to eat. You can mash it a bit using a spoon.
2. Wash thoroughly and then steam or boil the spinach for a few minutes.
3. Add the cottage cheese and cook for 1-2 minutes (just enough to remove the slightly raw flavour).
4. Once done and cooled, transfer contents in a blender, add water accordingly and blend it to a cheesy puree.
5. Pour this cheesy spinach puree over the pasta and feed it to your baby.
Blueberry Strawberry shake
A yummy delicious and lip-smacking shake is here to nourish your child at any time in the day.
5. Sabja Seeds
1. Take a few fresh blueberries and a few fresh strawberries. Remove the seeds and keep them aside.
2. In a blender add deseeded strawberries and blueberries, half glass of milk, one tablespoon of curd, one teaspoon of soaked sabja seeds (optional for babies), few ice cubes.
3. Blend it all together and your yummy delicious shake is ready.
This shake is rich in all vital vitamins and minerals and your baby will surely love it.
Creamy sweet corn and carrot rice
1. 1 cup sweet corn boiled and cooked
2. ½ an onion
3. 1 carrot peeled and chopped
4. 2 tbsp butter
5. A pinch of pepper
6. ½ a bay leaf
7. 1 cup rice
1. Take a saucepan and heat butter.
2. Add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent.
3. Add the boiled sweet corn.
4. Add the chopped carrot and pepper and mix.
5. Turn off the heat.
6. Blend all these ingredients to a smooth puree and pass through a sieve to get rid of the corn skins that may be tough for your baby to digest.
7. Now start cooking the rice. Add the bay leaf and the corn puree to the rice before cooking and mix.
8. Allow it to cook until the rice is soft enough for your baby.
9. Once cooled, feed it to your little one. Make sure you remove the bay leaf before feeding it to your child.