12 Months Baby Food Recipes
NOTE: MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON’T INTRODUCE 2 NEW FOODS TO YOUR BABY ON THE SAME DAY. ALWAYS MAINTAIN A GAP OF 2-3 DAYS.
Healthy carrot rice balls
1. Blend carrot, garlic and water in a blender to form carrot juice.
2. Start cooking rice by adding 1 cup rice, 1 cup water and 1 cup carrot juice.
3. Cook until rice is soft.
4. Once done, slightly mash rice using a spoon. Don’t mash it too much.
5. Make small balls of this carrot rice.
6. Beat the egg yolk and dip each ball in the egg yolk.
7. Spread breadcrumbs in a plate and roll the egg yolk dipped balls in the breadcrumbs.
8. Fry these breadcrumb coated rice balls and feed it to your baby.
9. Your little one will simply love the different textures of these rice balls – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Baby friendly Bread and Potato(Alu) tikkis
1. Peel, chop and boil the potatoes until soft.
2. Add the boiled potatoes, bread, cumin powder, pepper and coriander leaves in a bowl and mash well.
3. Make small tikkis with this mixture.
4. Heat some oil in a pan and fry.
5. Serve these yummy delicious tikkis to your little one.
Mashed Rajma with rice
1. 2 cups kidney beans(rajma) soaked overnight
2. 2 cups rice cooked until soft
3. 1 small onion peeled and chopped
4. ½ tbsp cumin powder
5. 2 tomatoes
6. 1 potato peeled and chopped
7. 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1. Soak the kidney beans(rajma) overnight.
2. Next day, boil the rajma in water until very soft.
3. Boil the potato as well and mash and keep aside.
4. Peel the tomatoes, de-seed and make a puree.
5. Take a saucepan and heat some oil.
6. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
7. Pour in the tomato puree and cook until the raw smell and flavour goes away.
8. Add cumin powder and mix.
9. Add the rajma, potato mash and water and cook for a few minutes.
10. Sprinkle coriander leaves and cook for another minute.
11. Baby friendly rajma is done.
12. Spoon this over soft rice and feed it to your little one.
Eggplant, Beetroot and okra infused rice
1. 1 Eggplant (brinjal)
2. ½ a beetroot peeled and chopped
3. 2-3 okras (lady’s finger)
4. A pinch of saffron
5. ½ a bay leaf
6. ½ tbsp cumin (jeera) powder
7. ½ tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
8. ½ a tbsp turmeric powder
9. ½ an onion chopped
10. 1 cup of rice
1. Add the chopped beetroot and some water in a blender and make beetroot juice.
2. Take a pan and heat some oil.
3. Add the chopped onion and sauté until soft and translucent.
4. Chop the eggplant and okras and add.
5. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, bay leaf and mix.
6. Add the rice.
7. Pour 1 cup of beetroot juice and 1.5 cups of water and cook until all the vegetables and rice are soft.
8. Remove the bay leaf once done and feed this yummy rice to your baby.
Vegetable stew with rice
1. 1 cup peas, peeled and shelled
2. 2 carrots peeled and chopped
3. 2 potatoes peeled and chopped
4. ½ a Zucchini peeled and chopped (you can omit this if you don’t find zucchini)
5. 1 piece cinnamon bark
6. ½ tbsp cumin powder
7. ½ tbsp pepper
8. ½ tbsp coriander powder
9. 5-6 curry leaves
10. 1 onion peeled and chopped
11. 1 cup thick coconut milk
1 Take a pressure cooker and heat some oil.
2. Add the chopped onion and sauté until brown (Make sure that you don’t burn the onion).
3. Add the curry leaves.
4. Add the cinnamon stick, cumin powder, coriander powder and pepper and mix.
5. Add all the chopped vegetables.
6. Pour in the coconut milk and stir.
7. Add 2-3 cups water and cook until 3 whistles.
8. Once done, remove the cinnamon bark and curry leaves before feeding it to your baby.
9. Spoon some stew over soft cooked rice and feed it to your little one.
While feeding, gently mash the vegetables with a spoon.
It is highly nutritious recipe which will benefit your child in many ways.
1. Take 3 tablespoons of ragi with one large apple (peeled).
2. Put the ragi in a pan and add in one cup of water to it. Allow it to heat up. Keep stirring to ensure no lumps are formed.
3. On a separate pan pour little water and add some jaggery to it. Let the jaggery melt fully and then strain it to the pan containing ragi. Add some ghee to it.
4. In a blender, add chopped apple and make a smooth puree.
5. Add this smooth apple puree to the pan and keep stirring till you get a thick consistency.
Your delicious apple-ragi halwa is ready. Serve warm to your baby.
More Interesting Articles for You: