5 Important habits to teach your child
Do not waste resources
Exercise/physical activity everyday
Tips to follow:
1. Kids usually wash their hands in 5 seconds and run away. Tell them to sing a “happy birthday song” every time they wash their hands & do it for the length of the song.
2. Since kids find exercise boring, let them run, play hide & seek, catch, etc. Playing is also a good physical activity.
3. Kids play games where they cut paper for fun & throw it around he house. Wasting paper is wasting resources. Suggest another exciting game & tell them, wasting paper is considered boring.
4. Avoid games which involve throwing food like chips, wafers or candy around.
5. Tell your kid that he will be allowed to play with his toys, only if he agrees to put them back in their place after playing.
6. Kids prefer reading story books over school books. Make sure that the first preference is given to school books.
7. Do not over exert your kids. Physical activity should not turn into physical torture.