1. Baby Oatmeal Uthapams
1. Warm Chicken Soup
9 Months Baby Food Recipes
NOTE: MAKE SURE THAT YOU DON’T INTRODUCE 2 NEW FOODS TO YOUR BABY ON THE SAME DAY. ALWAYS MAINTAIN A GAP OF 2-3 DAYS.
Baby Oatmeal Uthapams
1. Mix all the ingredients (except water) together and keep aside for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
Sweet Potato Risotto
1. 1 onion finely chopped
2. 2 tbsp butter
3. ½ cup rice
4. 3 cups Hot water
5. 1 sweet potato chopped
6. ½ a tomato chopped
7. ½ a cup grated cheese (Use a safe cheese like cheddar)
6. In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp butter and add the chopped tomato. Allow to cook until the tomato softens.
7. Now add this tomato to the rice and sweet potato and stir.
8. Add grated cheese and allow it to melt.
9. Mix well and turn off the heat.
10. Yummy Sweet Potato Risotto is now ready. Once cooled, feed it to your baby.
Carrot Chicken with Sweet Potato in Olive Oil
1. 1 tbsp Olive Oil
2. 1 small bowl of chicken breast chopped into small pieces
3. 1 carrot chopped
4. ½ and Onion finely chopped
5. 2 cups water
6. 1 sweet Potato (Peeled and chopped)
1.Take a saucepan and heat Olive Oil.
2.Add the chopped onion and sauté until soft and translucent.
3.Add the chopped carrot and water.
4.Cover the pan with a lid and allow it to cook for about 8 minutes.
5.Now add the chicken and sweet potato and continue to cook.
6.Once the chicken is cooked, turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
7.Once cooled, use a blender and puree it to a soft paste like consistency.
8.Feed this to your baby.
Note: Do not use more that 1 carrot and 1 sweet potato since your aim is to introduce chicken and you don’t want the vegetables to overpower the taste of chicken.
Warm Chicken Soup
1. ½ a chicken breast chopped into small pieces
2. ½ an onion
3. 1 carrot peeled and chopped
4. A pinch of dried thyme
5. 2 cups water
6. 1 clove garlic
7. 1 tbsp butter
1. Take a pan and heat butter.
2. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
3. Add the carrot and chicken.
4. Now add the thyme and garlic and water.
5. Close the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
6. Once cooled, blend the contents in a blender to a soup consistency.
7. Pass this mixture through a sieve so that you get a clear soup.
8. Feed this to your little one. Your baby will love this warm flavourful soup.
Soft Vegetable Pulao
1. 1 cup rice (soaked in water for 20-30 minutes)
2. ½ a potato diced
3. ½ a cup of shelled peas
4. ½ a carrot chopped
5. ½ an onion chopped
6. 2 pieces of cauliflower
7. 1 bay leaf
8. ½ tbsp cumin (jeera) powder
9. ½ tbsp turmeric powder
10. 1 tbsp ghee
11. 3 cups water
1.Take a small pressure cooker and heat ghee.
2.Add the bay leaf and chopped onion and cook until soft and translucent.
3.Add the other vegetables.
4.Now add cumin powder and turmeric powder and mix.
5.Add the soaked rice and cover with water.
6.Close the pressure cooker and cook for 5-6 whistles to make sure that all the vegetables are soft.
7.Make sure that you remove the bay leaf before serving.
8.Once done, serve this in a colourful plate/ bowl and feed your baby.
Steam cooked veggies
Simple and easy to make and nutritious at the same time. You can make your own combinations and see what your baby likes.
2. Bottle guard
1. Chop all the veggies into small pieces. You may take a carrot, bottle guard, and potato or any other vegetable that you think your baby may like. You may also add some grated paneer to it.
2. Take a pressure cooker and place a steel container upside down in it. On top of the container place a perforated container and put all veggies in it. Add some water and cover the cooker with its lid but do not put the whistle on it.
3. The steam formed will cook the veggies in 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add some salt, lemon and pepper after it is cooked.
5. Mash the veggies and feed it to your baby.