Does your baby wakeup hangry for his night feeds? If your baby is team warm bottle, it can be really challenging to prepare your baby’s bottle in the groggy t-minus two seconds you have. Here’s a collection of the Best bottle warmer of 2021 to help you easily prepare those perfect warm bottles!
Safe and not safe ways to warm milk
- Stove: Fill a pot with water and let the bottle sit inside it for a few minutes to warm the milk. Use wrist test before serving. You don’t have to whip out a thermometer every time you prepare a bottle to check the heat. Just drizzle two drops of milk on your wrist to check the heat.
- Faucet: Hold the bottle under hot water faucet for a minute to warm it up.
- Microwave: This is the wrong way to heat up your baby’s bottle. While the bottle may be cold, the liquid inside can be anywhere from still frozen to blazing hot. Also, microwaves heat food unevenly, so one part can really be ice crystals while the other, liquid lava. Also, overheating breast milk can actually change its composition and destroy its nutrients. Instead of heating the bottle directly, you can use the microwave to nuke a bowl of water quickly and then submerge the bottle inside it for a quick thaw and heat.
- Bottle warmers: Bottle warmers are specially designed to quickly warm bottles up to the ideal temperature. They provide uniform warmth with optimal nutrient retention. When you have a hungry, fussy baby, the Best bottle warmer of 2021 is the bestest thing that will make feeding your baby easier.
Can you warm formula in a bottle warmer?
You can use a bottle warmer to heat up formula. Finish the warmed formula within an hour. Do not store or reheat leftovers.
Can I pre make bottles for night feeds?
Whether you are using expressed breast milk, powdered formula, concentrated liquid formula or ready to use formula, you can pre-make them and store them in the refrigerator before bedtime to help you through the nights.
- Freshly pumped / expressed breast milk stays good for 4 hours at room temperature (77 °F / 25 °C) and doesn’t need refrigeration. If your counter top is even colder, it can stay out for 6 hours without spoiling.
- If the breast milk is frozen, and thawed, use it within 2 hours. Never refreeze a thawed breast milk bag again. Just chill it.
- If you are using formula, prepare it using the right proportions and refrigerate it. You can also use a cooler bag instead of the fridge. Use the refrigerated formula within 24 hours of preparation and discard any leftovers.
Whether using breast milk or formula, make sure you follow safety procedures like sterilizing the bottle, using boiled and cooled water, and using the right proportions of formula to water as directed.
How do bottle warmers work?
Bottle warmers come in two main varieties – steam heaters and water heaters.
- Water heaters: This type of bottle warmer gently warms a bottle by circulating hot water over it, like under a hot faucet. This type of warming is generally a bit slower, but the bottle will be evenly warmed. This is the best bottle warmer of 2021 for warming breast milk as no nutrients will be destroyed due to overheating.
- Steam heaters: This type of bottle warmer is a quick heater that boils water in its reservoir to produce hot steam, which is then used to warm the bottle up. Although minuscule, there are chances of creating uneven hot spots with these heaters. Also, if left for long, nutrients in breast milk may begin to diffuse due to high heat. Steam heaters are the Best bottle warmer of 2021 suited for formals.
Bottle warmers can also come with different accessories like racks, tongs, etc.
Can you leave a bottle warmer on all night?
You absolutely cannot leave a bottle warmer on all night (except that one brand below)! Many bottle warmers have an auto shut down feature that will stop the warmer after the cycle. If there is no such feature, after all the water is used up, you have the risk of scalding and melting all the plastic components, making it a fire hazard.
How long can I keep a bottle in the warmer?
Don’t keep a bottle in the warmer for more than 10 minutes. Warm bottles are one of the best places for bacteria to thrive.
Which baby bottle warmer is the best?
We’ve selected the Best bottle warmer of 2021 for you. Here is the list!
1. Baby Brezza Bottle Warmer
The baby brezza bottle warmer combines the power of both systems for smart warming. You can use quick steam to heat up formula and baby food jars or use water bath for warming up breast milk. The warmer is compatible with most bottles, milk bags and jars. The warmer has an auto shut off feature. An added advantage, this is the only warmer that you can control with your smartphone (via Bluetooth).
Cons: The Bluetooth range can be limiting.
Price: The baby brezza bottle warmer costs $51.
2. Tommee Tippee 3 In 1 Advanced Bottle Warmer
The Tommee Tippee Advanced Bottle Warmer warms up bottles, bags and food jars in 4 minutes. You can use it with frozen, cold or room temperature food. The warmer has an auto shut off feature. There is an easy lift cradle so you can keep your hands dry. The warmer fits wider bottles with ease.
Cons: No cons.
Price: The Tommee Tipee 3 in 1 advanced bottle warmer costs $32.
3. Baby’s Brew Portable Bottle Warmer Pro
The Baby’s Brew Portable Bottle Warmer Pro is battery powered and can be carried easily anywhere. It warms a bottle up in 5 to 10 minutes, with 4 temperature settings to ensure even breast milk can be heated up with no nutrient loss. The charge on this warmer lasts 12 hours. The warmer can fit into a diaper bag easily and is compatible with most bottles. The brand provides a huge array of adapters to get the perfect fit for the bottle you love. The warmer comes with a USB C cable for charging.
Price: Baby’s Brew portable bottle warmer pro retails for around $85 on amazon.
4. BOLOLO 7 in 1 warmer and steriliser
The BOLOLO 7 in 1 warmer and sterilizer comes equipped with multi-level prowess to make new parent life easy. The warmer has normal warming, fast warming, food heating, defrost, steam sterilization, 24 h heat maintain and egg boiling features. The AI precise temperature control determines bottle temperature intelligently. The LED touch panel has a night light for easy use. This warmer can heat up two bottles at the same time, making it great for twins. The adjustable cover helps you use bottles of all sizes conveniently. The thermostat system can keep your baby’s food and bottles at the same constant temperature; you can use this option to warm up two bottles of water before bedtime and add the formula when the baby cries to have instant warm formula ready. The BOLOLO warmer also has an anti-dry system that will shut off automatically if the water dries up. The steriliser has 99.9% efficiency and can sterilize a bottle quickly. There is a countdown timer to show the time left in each cycle.
Cons: The warmer only uses Celsius. There is a sticker on the body that shows the conversion to Fahrenheit. Also, there is no proper user manual, so some options can be hard to decipher.
Price: The BOLOLO 7 in 1 costs $40.
5. Chicco two in one bottle and baby food warmer
The chicco two in one bottle and baby food warmer quickly warms and defrosts bottles and baby food jars. The warmer comes with the special basket to hold food jars and smaller bottles and is compatible with most brands. There is a beep alert when the warming is completed. The auto shut off feature prevents overheating. The wide design fits wider bottles with ease.
Price: The chicco warmer is available online for $35.
6. Philips Avent Fast
The Philips Avent Fast baby bottle warmer warms up baby bottles in 3 minutes and can be used for baby food too. It also comes with defrost function and can maintain the bottle / food at the same ideal warmth for up to an hour. If you forget to take the bottle out the right time, it won’t cool down and stay ideally warm. The avent fast bottle warmer is compatible with leading bottles and baby food cups. The warmer has smart temperature controls that you can choose based on volume. The warmer requires only one piece that needs cleaning for easy maintenance. The chunky design allows you to use wider bottles with ease.
Cons: The warmer won’t start if the reservoir water is hotter than room temperature, making the warmer useless for back to back warming.
Price: The Philips avent fast is selling now for around $49 online.
7. Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Baby Bottle warmer
The Dr. Brown’s Deluxe baby bottle warmer features an LCD control panel with a touch keypad to select preferred options. The cycle memory function remembers your last cycle which you can select again with the tap of a button. The warmer auto shuts off in 10 minutes and the cycle auto shuts off in 8 minutes. A 5 oz. bottle can be warmed in around 4 to 6 minutes. The refillable water chamber lasts for around 10 cycles before needing to be refilled again.
Cons: The reservoir chamber is quite narrow and must be filled and inverted to fit into the body, causing leaks. Wider bottles might have a problem fitting in.
Price: The Dr. Brown’s Deluxe Baby Bottle warmer costs around $31.
Here is where to get them
Amazon.in ( click on the images below )
8. Kiinde Kozii warmer
The Kiinde Kozii baby bottle warmer has been designed with the USDA and CDC recommendations for warming up breast milk. This is a water bath type warmer which utilises low temperature water bath to warm the bottle up. It is a delicate warmer that preserves all the nutrients in the breast milk. Both bottles and Kiinde twist bags can be used in the warmer. The warmer has auto shutoff option. The warming chamber is 100% stainless steel.
Cons: There are many complaints on amazon that the warmer stopped working after about 20 uses. It can take around 8 minutes to warm a bottle which can be a bit slow.
Price: The Kiinde Kozii warmer is available online for $80.
Here is where to get them
Amazon.in ( click on the images below )
Tips for using a bottle warmer
Here are few helpful notes to keep in mind when dealing with a bottle warmer.
- Check the bottle – warmer fit: Some warmers can have trouble accommodating uniquely shaped bottles, so check the bottle and warmer fit before you buy.
- Glass bottles: Wet glass bottles transform into the slipperiest thing when you are in a hurry. Keep a cloth handy or use a silicon sleeve to protect your glass bottle.
- Distilled water: Since warmers depend on boiling water to heat up the bottle, your warmer will naturally build up scales which can affect their efficiency and look super ugly. Use distilled water to avoid the build up and make cleaning easier for you.
Which warmer would you pick and why? Let us know in the comments below!