Does your little one get all excited about cooking? It is quite understandable for you to be apprehensive about letting your child near the stove top, but don’t deprive them the joy of preparing nibbles of little food for you! Here we bring to you 20 simple and tasty recipes that will keep your kid busy and result in some delicious snacks.
Cooking without fire
1. Strawberry Crackers
Ingredients needed: Strawberry’s, plain biscuits, fresh cream.
- Cut and mix strawberry’s with fresh cream and spread on the biscuits.
- Your strawberry crackers are ready.
2. Russian Eggs/Eggs Mimosa/Stuffed eggs
Ingredients needed: sweet pickle relish, boiled eggs, and mayonnaise.
- Cut the boiled eggs vertically into two.
- Scoop out the yolks and mix it with mayonnaise and sweet pickle relish (recipe mentioned below).
Recipe for making sweet pickle relish
Ingredients needed: 4 cups of chopped cucumbers, 2 cups onions (chopped), 1 cup of green pepper (chopped), ¼ th cup salt, 3 and a half cups sugar, 2 cups cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon celery seed, 1 tablespoon mustard seed, 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper.
- Take cucumbers, onions, green and red peppers in a bowl and add salt to it.
- Pour some cold water and cover it with a lid. Let it remain for two hours.
- Drain vegetables thoroughly by pressing them hard.
- Take a saucepan and add celery, mustard seeds, sugar, vinegar and bring it to boil.
- Then add drained vegetables and let it cook on low flame for 10 minutes. Transfer the content into a glass jar leaving 1/4th space from the top.
3. Milk Shakes
Ingredients needed: Milk, sugar, a fruit of your choice, yoghurt.
- Take some milk, yoghurt, any of your favourite fruit and sugar and blend them together.
- Your yummy milkshake is ready. These shakes are very filling, nutritious, yummy and not to mention- Easy to make!
- You could also add dry fruits to make a yummy and healthy dry fruit shake.
4. Lassi or Desi Milk Shakes
Ingredients needed: Yoghurt, milk, sugar/salt, pepper, cardamom.
- For making lassi you need to take a good amount of yoghurt and add to milk.
- Add in sugar and blend it well. Your sweet lassi is ready.
- You can try different flavours of lassi by adding mango or some other fruit of your choice.
- You can also add in spices like cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg powder to give your lassi a delicious twist.
- You could also make a salty lassi by adding salt, cumin powder and little pepper instead of sugar.
5. Biscuit Cake
Ingredients needed: Marie biscuits, sugar, butter, milk, chocolate sauce to garnish.
- Blend 10 Marie biscuits in a grinder to get a fine powder.
- In a bowl, add powdered biscuits, chocolate sauce to your liking, half cup milk, 4- 5 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of butter. Mix these ingredients well with a whisker.
- Put this mixture in a baking tray and let it sit.
- Deep freeze it for 20 to 25 minutes and then transfer it to the refrigerator for about one hour or so.
- Cut it into pieces, sprinkle some powdered sugar and serve cold.
Ingredients needed: Whole wheat bread, sauce, butter, cheese, cabbage, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Take two loaves of bread. On one loaf put a layer of sauce or butter. Top it up with a cheese slice.
- Add in some chopped veggies of your choice like cabbage, capsicum, onions, tomatoes, cucumber.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and your yummy sandwich is ready to be had.
- You could give it a twist by using mayonnaise or mustard sauce.
7. Fruit Chaat
Ingredients needed: chopped fruits, chaat masala, pepper, lemon, sugar, salt, and black salt.
- Delicious and nutritious fruit chaat is loved by all kids at any time.
- Just take in some chopped fruits like bananas, apples (peeled), strawberry’s, grapes, oranges, pomegranate, etc. and just mix all of them together.
- Add in some salt, little sugar (grounded), chaat masala, pepper and a few drops of lemon.
- Your delicious lip-smacking fruit chaat is ready.
8. Lotus seeds or Makhane
Ingredients needed: ghee, salt, pepper, lotus seeds or Makhane.
- Take a flat microwave-safe plate and put a butter lining or spread a thin layer of ghee all over it.
- Put lotus seeds in it and heat it in the microwave for one minute.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and mix the seeds well. Your delicious crunchy snacks are ready to be served.
9. Milk Poha
Ingredients Needed: Poha or flattened rice, water, milk, salt, pepper, grated coconut.
- It is a popular Maharashtrian dish.
- Wash poha with water and soak it in water for half an hour. It will become soggy.
- Add in some milk, salt, and pepper and it is ready to be eaten.
- You could add some grated coconut to it as well.
10. Dal sprout chaat
Ingredients Needed: dal sprouts, chopped onions, grated carrot, coriander, salt, pepper, green chilli if needed.
- Add in finely cut onions and carrot to the dal sprouts.
- Put in little coriander, salt, pepper, finely chopped green chillies to flavour and just squeeze in a few drops of lemon.
- Your delicious dal sprout chaat is ready to be served.
Ingredients Needed: hung curd, cardamom, sugar.
- Shrikhand is a delicacy, it is can be made with little effort.
- Take the hung curd and add in some sugar and cardamom powder to it.
- Mix it well till you get a fine paste without any lumps.
- Refrigerate it for some time and your delicious Shrikhand is ready to be served.
Ingredients Needed: Chidwa, chopped onions, tomatoes, chaat masala, coriander, salt, pepper, peanuts, chopped red chillies
- Bhel is a very popular Gujarati snack that is very easy to make.
- Just take a cup of chidwa and add is some roasted peanuts, chopped onions, chopped red chilli, chopped coriander, few drops of lemon and some salt.
- Your delicious bhel is ready.
13. Fruit or Vegetable juices
Ingredients needed: sugar, salt, pepper, fruits, vegetables, water
- You could make some juice from any of your favourite food by simply blending it with little water.
- Add in some salt, sugar, and pepper for flavour.
- We tried a combination of Carrot, Ginger, and Apple. Make sure that majority of the juice is made up of apple, add a hint of ginger and a small portion of carrot juice. This makes it much healthier.
14. Watermelon and cheese salad
Ingredients needed: watermelon, few mint leaves, feta cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar
- Take the diced watermelon, few mint leaves, ¼ cup cheese (feta cheese), 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve cold.
15. Chatpati Churmuri
Ingredients needed: 2 cucumbers, one finely chopped onion, one grated carrot, green chutney, ground nuts, coriander leaves (little), lemon juice, oil, salt, puffed rice, salt, lemon
- Churmuri can be made in different forms like tomato churmuri, cucumber churmuri etc.
- It is a delicious chatpata snack with very little calories.
- Mix all the ingredients together and spread it on peeled cucumber.
16. Sweet Corn salad
Ingredients needed: Sweet corn (boiled), Spring onions, cashews, almonds (chopped finely), grated coconut, chopped green chillies, coriander and salt to taste.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together and sprinkle some salt over it.
- Garnish with coriander and your yummy salad is ready to be served.
17. Nutty Coco Bars
Ingredients: 150 g of condensed milk, 11 g of powdered biscuit, 100 g of unsalted butter, powdered sugar, shredded coconut, milk, coco powder, and chopped almonds.
- Mix half the amount of softened room temperature butter, condensed milk, powdered Parle G biscuits, 2 tsp coco powder and shredded coconut together well. Pour into a flat tray and chuck it in the freezer to set.
- Mix one tsp of coco powder, 2 tsp milk, the remaining butter and powdered sugar to make the top layer. Pour on top of the first frozen layer and garnish with chopped almonds for a delicious coco dessert.
18. Chilled Soup
Ingredients: 2 peeled cucumbers, 1 tbsp. yoghurt, 7 mint leaves, 2 tsp lemon juice, salt pepper, 2 cups chicken stock.
- Blend the peeled cucumbers well.
- When juiced, add chicken stock, salt, pepper, lemon juice, mint and yoghurt.
- You can add a clove of garlic if you like.
- Serve chilled with bread topping.
We just added some leftover boiled pease 🙂
19. Oreo Modak
Ingredients: Modak mold, Vanilla Oreo biscuits, fresh cream, desiccated coconut.
- Separate the vanilla cream from the Oreo biscuits.
- Powder the biscuits in a blender without the cream.
- Add fresh cream to the powdered biscuits and mix into a smooth dough. Make small balls.
- Add desiccated coconut to the vanilla cream and mix well. Make small balls.
- Grease the modak mold with ghee and press a ball of the black dough first and then fill with the white vanilla cream mix.
20. Healthy Snack Bar
Ingredients: A heaped cup of dates, ¼ cup honey, ¼ cup almond or peanut butter, 1 cup loosely chopped almonds, 1 ½ cup rolled oats, optional chocolate chips or other nuts.
- Remove seeds from dates and add them to a food processor and blend till they thicken and into a dough or thick syrup state.
- Add all the ingredients together with a pinch of salt, mix well and transfer to a greased tray.
- Press slightly with a flat spoon or tumbler to pack the mix tightly and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and chop into to even sized bars and store in air tight containers or in the freezer.
- You can pre roast the almonds and oats for added flavor.
These are the some of the best recipes for you to try out at any point in time with your kids. These recipes are simple and easy to make. Your kids will love to help you with these recipes. No cooking or baking is required. Just by using little creativity in tossing a few things together you can come up with great recipes.
More Interesting Articles For You: