Gender reveal ideas are one of the life’s incredible moments, which must be celebrated with full zeal and vigour. The celebration can be done in various ways, from something sweet and simple to giving it a dramatic appeal.
Here, is the list of ideas that can be executed even during this pandemic to make this journey of parenthood a memorable one.
Unique gender reveal ideas 2021
What are some fun gender reveals?
- Pinata: This gender-revealing idea is simply smashing. You got to stuff in pink or blue candies/confetti in it. The parents can hit the pinata until it breaks, revealing the big surprise.
You can serve up some nachos, tacos, and Raspberry Mint Limeade to turn it into a fun-filled fiesta. You can also try this with a giant balloon filled with confetti, which is made to pop.
2. Launching balloons: A big cardboard box is decorated by a party decorator, friend, or a family with helium-colored balloons. The cardboard is delivered, and the expecting parents open the box to see beautiful balloons flowing all over. It’s thrilling and will be loved by one and all.
3. Sending out packages: During the pandemic, organizing gatherings in huge numbers is not a good idea. An exciting alternative to this is that you can send out packages containing booties in pink or blue, or a hat, some candies, or a journal. By doing this, you are allowing everyone to participate yet maintaining their safety actively.
4. Cutting a cake: You can get a cake designed in either pink/blue color, which is covered by a neutral layer of frosting like white or chocolate. When the parents cut the cake, the actual gender of the baby is revealed. This is one of the most straightforward ideas but is super-fun always.
5. A smoke bomb: A smoke bomb is a great idea to test outdoors. You can set up a colored smoke bomb which sets off at a count of three. The colored smoke surrounds everyone, which gives a beautiful opportunity to click some wonderful pictures to cherish forever.
6. Cutting a ribbon: This is an exciting way to reveal the news to your friends and family. Two ribbons in pink and blue colors are wrapped around mamma-to-be. The partner cuts one of the ribbons, and the other one wrapped around the belly indicates the correct gender of the baby.
7. Paint guns: The parents-to-be are dressed in white clothes. The guests are armed with paint guns containing pink or blue paint. Everyone paints the parents-to-be based on their wild guesses, and the true gender is revealed at the end. This is indeed one of the most smashing creative ideas that you can try out.
8. Confetti Eggs: The idea of revealing gender using confetti-filled eggs is mind-blowing. The eggs filled with confetti are popularly called Cascarones. The real eggs are carefully emptied and dyed in different colors and filled with confetti. You have to crack the eggs along with your friends and guests to reveal the gender.
You can be as creative as you want with the gender reveal ideas. The idea is to make this incredibly exceptional moment of your life special. During the pandemic, most couples choose to film this special moment, send gifts, or have a small group as a part of the celebration rather than organizing huge gatherings.
How can I surprise my kids with gender reveal?
It’s a big moment when you reveal to your kids whether they are going to have a baby sister or a baby brother. Though most ideas mentioned above can be used to surprise your kids with gender reveal, yet here are a few more interesting ones:
9. Blindfolded taste test: The menu contains exotic food items prepared using strawberry flavors (for a girl) or blueberry flavors (for a boy). Everyone is asked to take a bite blindfolded to let the taste reveal your baby’s gender. The kids enjoy the delicious treats along with a pleasant surprise.
10. Cupcakes: Get your baker to design cupcakes with pink or blue-white frosting swirls on top. They contain a secret colored heart in the center which gets revealed when you bite into it. Have you all taken a bite together?
There are many other creative ideas like getting a banner designed, color-coordinating clothes for the entire family, or revealing the gender while treating your family with their favorite supper, etc.
Who usually plans a gender reveal party?
Gender reveal parties can have one or multiple hosts, such as family, friends, parents, or grandparents. The only care taken is that the host must keep the gender secret throughout the planning process.
How many months should you be to have a gender reveal party?
You can plan a party as soon as you get to know the gender of the baby. However, most moms prefer to wait a bit longer to let the initial three months pass to ensure no complications. Generally, anytime between 18 to 20 weeks is an excellent time to make an announcement. It is more of a personal choice based on your comfort, health, and availability of friends and family.
What can you do instead of a gender reveal party?
There are numerous other splashy things to do other than a gender reveal party. Here are a few ideas:
- Gel with your family and friends
Once the baby pops out, you will hardly get time to spend with your loved ones. So, you may invite close friends and family on a nice dinner outing where you get to spend ample time with your loved ones.
2. Invest in your health
Health is wealth, as we have all witnessed during the COVID pandemic. Investing time in yoga, breathing exercises, spiritual awakening, and meditation is a better bet than throwing a gender reveal party. The fitter you are today, the better you will be tomorrow to handle additional responsibility.
3. Go candid with pictures.
Capturing precious moments is essential to build memories to cherish later. You can get a professional photographer to get some exciting pictures clicked with your loved ones.
4. I am pregnant, party.
You could plan a pregnancy announcement party instead of a gender reveal party. Usually, women find out about their pregnancy at around 6 weeks, but 12 weeks is a great time to party. This gives you ample bandwidth to pick a date, send invites, order a baby-shaped cake, freeze your menu, etc.,
Making gender announcements is not always relevant, and you may tweak it by being a little creative to plan parties.