General knowledge is likely the most interesting subject for kids these days. What child would not want to know what the fastest animal is on the planet or the tallest mountain is in the world?
At an age where they are constantly thirsty for information, a few GK questions will make for a great activity! We would recommend that you make flashcards using these questions and play with your children.
GK questions for kids (Age 5-7)
1) Which amongst the following is the smallest planet of the Solar System?
2) Which is the longest river in the world?
B) The Roe
C) The Nile
D) Yellow river
3) What is the capital of the USA?
C) Washington, D.C.
Answer: Washington, D.C.
4) Which of the following is the national language of Japan?
5) A leap year has how many days in it?
Answer: 366 days
6) How many continents are there on Earth?
7) Which is the largest mammal on Earth?
A) Blue Whale
C) African Elephant
Answer: Blue Whale
8) Which of the following sea creature has 8 legs?
D) Sea horse
9) Why do we not fly off in the air? What is it that holds us to the ground??
10) Choose the odd one out
11) How many sides does a triangle have?
12) Identify the one which is not a reptile?
13) What is the baby of a frog called?
14) Which is the fastest animal on the land?
15) Where do bees live?
16) An animal that hatches from egg and has wings and feather is called ?
17) From which body part does a fish get oxygen from the water?
18) An animal with a backbone is called as?
19) An animal without a backbone is called as ?
20) Who was India’s first Prime Minister?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
21) What is the tallest animal on the earth?
22) What is the largest ocean in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean
23) How many colours are there in a rainbow?
24) What is the biggest continent of the world?
25) One millennium comprises of how many years?
Answer: 1000 years
26) Which of the following is the largest country of the world?
27) What is 14th November celebrated as?
Answer: Children’s day
28) What is 2nd October celebrated as?
Answer: Gandhi Jayanti
29) ’Kangaroo’ is native of which country?
30) Which is the largest animal on land?
A) African elephant
Answer: African elephant
31) Which is the largest river in India?
32) Which is our national bird?
GK questions for kids (Age 7-9)
1) What is 5 multiplied by 7 minus 3?
2) Which of the following birds is known for its intelligence?
3) Which one is not amongst the Seven Wonders of the World?
A) Mecca Madina
B) Statue of Liberty
C) Taj Mahal
D) The Great Wall of China
Answer: Mecca Madina
4) If 6 × 6 = 36, then what is 60 x 60?
5) Which one of the following lays over 100 eggs in one nest?
6) Which fruit has its seeds outside it?
7) Which animal is called ‘Ship of the Desert?
8) Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
9) Why is 26th January considered special?
A) Republic day
B) Independence day
C) Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday
D) Telangana Formation day
Answer: Republic day
10) In which direction does the Sun rise?
11) How many months of the year have 31 days?
12) How many bones do we have in total?
13) In a leap year, how many days are there in February?
Answer: 29 days
14) What is a house made of ice called?
15) Which of the following is called the ‘Dark’ continent?
16) Which country has the largest ‘Democracy’ in the world?
17) White colour on India National flag signify?
18) Which is the biggest rain forest in the world?
Answer: The Amazon
19) Which is the smallest continent in the world?
20) Which country has the Statue of Liberty?
A) United States
B) United Kingdom
Answer: United States
21) In which country is Pyramids situated?
22) Which monument in India is one of the wonders of the world?
A)The Gateway of India
B) The Agra Fort
C) Jantar Mantar
D) The Taj Mahal
Answer: The Taj Mahal
23) Which state of India is called as ‘Land of Rising Sun’?
B) West Bengal
D) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer: Arunachal Pradesh
24) In which of the seas will you not drown even you don’t know how to swim?
A) Red Sea
B) Dead Sea
C) Black Sea
D) Mediterranean Sea
Answer: Dead Sea
25) Name the largest flower in the world?
26) What is the current world population?
A) 7 billion
B) 7.6 billion
C) 8 billion
D) 6.5 billion
Answer: 7.6 Billion
27) Which is the most populated country of the world?
28) Which of the following is the hottest continent on Earth?
D) South America
29) Plants clean the air by absorbing which one of the following gases?
D) Carbon Mono-oxide
30) Which is the hardest substance on Earth?
31) Which state is the largest state of India?
B) Madya Pradesh
32) Which is the southern most point of India
Answer: Indira point
GK questions for kids (Age 9-12)
1) Identify the one which is not a metal?
2) Where is Karachi located?
3) Which is the largest plateau in the world?
Answer: Tibetan Plateau
4) What is the abbreviation of IQ?
A) Intelligent Question
B) Intelligence Query
C) Intelligence Quotation
D) Intelligence Quotient
Answer: Intelligence Quotient
5) Which is the coldest place on the earth?
A) North America
C) South Africa
D) Northern Europe
6) Who is the inventor of the aeroplane?
A) Albert Einstein
B) The Wright Brothers
C) Steve Jobs
D) A P J Abdul Kalam
Answer: The Wright brothers
7) Which day is observed as Earth Day?
A) April 21
b) April 22
C) April 30
D) January 22
Answer: April 22
8) Which day is observed as World Environment Day?
A) June 5
B) 8th May
C) 31st December
D) 2nd October
Answer: June 5
9) A cricket team has how many players?
10) Name the company which is the leader of smartphones and who invented it?
A) Blackberry, Steve Wozniak
B) Apple, Steve Jobs,
C) Nokia, Ronald Wayne
Answer: Apple and it was invented by Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne, Steve Wozniak
11) During which year did World War II begin?
12) Which of the following is known as the roof of the world?
4) Arctic Circle
13) Global warming is caused due to?
A) Carbon monoxide
C) Carbon dioxide
Answer: Carbon monoxide
14) Which gas is most abundant in the earth’s atmosphere?
C) Carbon dioxide
15) Which country is the largest producer of rice in the World?
16) Which language do computers use to process data?
Answer: Binary language
17) Which is the fifth prime number?
Answer: A– 11
18) Who discovered Penicillin in 1928?
Answer: Alexander Fleming
20) Who is the current president of the United States (2019)?
Answer: Donald Trump
21) What is the square root of 144?
22) Who discovered Radium?
A) Pierre and Marie Curie
B) Alexander Graham Bell
C) The Wright Brothers
D) Thomas Edison
Answer: Pierre and Marie Curie
23) How many Cricket world cups has India Won?
24) Which country in Africa Is known for chocolate?
25) How many vowels and consonants do we have in English language?
A) 5, 22
B) 5, 21
C) 5, 24
D) 5, 26
Answer: B) 5, 21
26) How many cards are there in one pack of cards?
27) Who invented telephone?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
28) Name the largest joint in the human body?
29) which is the smallest bone found in human body?
Answer: Stapes (Ear bone)
30) Who was the first president of India?
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
31) Which is the largest external organ of the human body?
32) Name the scientist who discovered Penicillin?
Answer: Alexander Fleming