MY BABY WAKES UP EARLY
“My baby wakes up early almost everyday. What to do?” if this question is bothering you, here is an answer that can help you enjoy when she gets up early. Wakeful babies can be tiring, but don’t be disheartened. Your baby is wakeful because she loves you and craves your friendship and loves to hear your voice. She doesn’t mean to deprive you of sleep; she just wants to be sociable. Every minute spent awake with you, she is learning new skills, forging new links with the world.
- If she gets up early and is reluctant to go back to sleep, get her up and put her in her baby chair where she can see you. Chat with her or play with her for a little while. Then lay her in her cot, croon to her till she also drops off to sleep. Take this chance to take a nap.
- If she is making a habit of getting up early, put her to bed a little later in the night- and cut down on some of her day time napping.
- Keep her temperature even; touch her skin to check that she’s not too hot or too cold. Check the room temperature; a temperature of about 18 degrees Celcius is comfortable.
- Change her nappy if it is wet or soiled and soothe the nappy area with a bland nappy cream( zinc oxide) if necessary.
- Use a rocking cradle or push her rhythmically in her pram.
- Play the kind of music you listened to when you were pregnant.
- Play the kind of tape of you and your husband quietly talking.
- Put your baby’s cot on alternate sides of your bed each night, so that you can take it in turns to see to her. Talk to her and rock her; you don’t need to pick her up.
- Hang mobiles over her cot so she’s got something to watch when she wakes up. A mobile that plays music is ideal.
- Fix a baby gym, with different noises and textures, across her cot or attach it to the bars so she can reach for it when she’s bored.
- See that your baby doesn’t get too hot or too cold.
- Establish a bed time routine. See that she sleeps more or less at the same time every night . If she’s sleeping too much during the day, try to cut down on day time naps for her.
- As much as possible take cat naps during the day when she naps.
More Interesting Articles
Introduce your child to new ways of exploring things with our explorer kit