School Bus Safety Rules For Kindergarten
First day of a Kindergartener is a day to cherish. So many first experiences are awaiting your child. But the prospect of leaving your child alone in school, raise several security related concerns in the minds of parents.
At school, there are teachers and other non-teaching staff to take care of your child. But, how about his security in school bus? It is extremely important for you to know the school bus safety rules for kindergarten in order to teach your child.
This will help you stay away from unnecessary stress about your child while he is travelling to and from his school in bus.
Do you know there is an area called danger zone around the bus which every child should know about? Here it is.
[cjtoolbox name=’Exclusive Tips Form’ ] [/cjtoolbox]
Danger Zones of the Bus and How to Indicate Them to Child
Danger Zone is the area on all sides of the bus where the child is in danger of not being under the notice of the driver. The loading and unloading area, round the bus is called Danger Zone.
Danger Zone areas include
1. 10 feet – In front of the bus
2. 10 feet – On the sides of the bus
3. Behind the bus
How To Teach Danger Zone To Your Child:
Download an image of the bus from Google. Print it and mark the danger zones around the bus in red. Tell your child to stay 10 feet away from the bus, irrespective of the sides. Show the same image to your child every day, atleast for a week.
General Bus Safety Rules to Teach Your Child before Kindergarten
2. While on or off the bus, never shove or push fellow students.
3. Help other students to get on or off the bus if required.
4. Do not damage seats or other property that belong to the bus/school.
5. Always listen and behave as per driver’s instructions.
6. Never run around the bus, even if it is still.
Bus Stop Rules (Near house & at school)
1. Do not loiter around while waiting for the bus.
2. Do not trespass other’s lawns while waiting for the bus.
3. Stand on the pedestrian area.
4. If required, walk on the footpath, facing the traffic.
5. Do not make loud noises that disturb others around.
6. Keep your belongings closer and safe
Getting On/Off The Bus
2. Stay away from the danger zones
3. Get into the bus in one single line
4. Do not touch the bus, especially its wheels
5. Wait for the bus to stop completely
6. Take help of the rail to get on/off to the bus
8. Try to put all your belongings in the school bag
9. Do not stand before stop arrives to get off the bus
10. Stay alert not to miss the stop to get off
11. If you drop anything while getting on/off the bus, don’t pick it yourself. Inform driver or other staff in the bus.
1. Choose a seat promptly
2. Always be seated and put on the seat belt
3. Avoid eating/ drinking in the bus
4. Do not distract the driver with loud noise
5. Avoid talking to driver while riding.
8. Follow driver’s instructions.
9. Never fight or shout at others. It might distract the driver.
10. Be very quite while crossing the railway tracks.
11. Keep the aisle free of all the bags.
Measures That Needs To Be Followed By Parents
1. Don’t depend on school to teach your child about safety rules.
2. Repeat the safety rules to your kid every day in the same order – Use same words.
3. Teach your child, the danger zones of the bus.
4. If your child is travelling by bus for the first time, convince him it is going to be fun. Follow the bus for atleast 2 to 4 days to check how your child is feeling after getting off the bus.
Get Your child used to all these simple rules before he start his kindergarten.