Situated at the bank of river Tapti, the ancient city of Surat is known for its rich cultural heritage. Surat is known to be a richie rich’s pride, for the highest number of diamonds are cut and polished here. Being a culturally vibrant city, Surat also offers excellent educational opportunities for kids.
The level of education in Surat can be gauged with the presence of many good schools in Surat. You can find schools here offering education matching up to national standards. Though the preference for a school may vary for each parent, but one must ideally look at a school that has a holistic approach towards learning and is situated close by.
Looking at the popularity rating of the schools, we have come up with the list of most popular schools in Surat.
Podar International School
It is a national chain of schools with 1,20,000 students and 102 branches all over India. The school laid its foundation in the year 1927. The school comes with a rich experience of teaching for more than 90 years.
Salient features of Curriculum:
- Conducts and provides training for Beanstalk Olympiad which is conducted to test a student’s knowledge in maths, science and English. For each question, the student is provided a ranking on the state level as well as national level.
- Various activities and events are conducted for both the students as well as faculties to equip them with needed skills.
- The extra-curricular activities range from Theatre, Indian and western dance, sports activities, public speaking and debating, computer animation, etc.
- Apart from traditional sports, 21st-century sports are also a part of the curriculum such as fencing, golf, archery, skating, etc.
Facilities: The various facilities involve well-ventilated classrooms with flannel boards and whiteboards, classroom technology, computer labs, sports ground, canteen, transport, etc.
Address: Simada, Near. Police Choki, Puna Kumbhariya Canal Road, Surat – 395010.
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Number: 08291982047 / 98247 43777
Admin Officer: Mr. Krunal Brahmbhatt
Admin Officer Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Number: 07574807046
Fountain Head School
The school started its journey in 2005 in Surat. In the beginning, the school had just six students, but over the years the school has proven itself many times and has gained strength of more than 315 students currently.
- This school follows the international curriculum and is affiliated to the International Baccalaureate Organization and CIE. It is an international curriculum that is recognized globally.
- The curriculum is also mapped with the CBSE curriculum to ensure that children are at par for appearing in the competitive exams later.
- There is a lot of emphases given on sports like basketball, football, yoga, volleyball, etc. Also, the exercises like toothcare, cardio-vascular games, the difference between healthy and unhealthy food, etc. are part of healthcare related activities.
- The students of this school have represented and won in various national and international level sports competitions.
Address: Fountainhead School Opp. Ambetha Water Tank, Kunkni Gam, Rander-Dandi Road, Olpad Taluka, Surat – 395005
Contact Number: 02621-270500, 8000-130-031
J H Ambani Saraswati Vidya Mandir
This school is affiliated to CBSE board. The school has been running since 1995. Its current principal is Mr. Antony Raj.
- The school lays equal emphasis on studies as well as extra-curricular activities. It strikes a balance between the academics and extra-curricular.
- It has a well-equipped infrastructure which includes the classrooms, library, computer science labs and science laboratories.
- It has transportation facilities as well.
- It also offers sports activities like cricket, table tennis, basketball, etc.
Address: Vesu Surat, Gujarat 395007, India.
Contact Number: 07226003997
Ryan International School, Kotyark School:
This school is affiliated to CBSE school and is a co-ed school.
- The curriculum is well-balanced with a healthy mix of academics, extra-curricular and adventurous activities.
- The School has digitally enabled the campus to give the needed exposure of studies to children.
- The co-curricular activities include the social awareness programs, quiz, elocution, drawing, colouring, etc.
- The sports activities include the swimming pool, skating rink, basketball, volleyball, indoor games like table tennis, chess, carrom, karate, etc.
Address: Plot No-85, Kotyark Nagar, Opp. Navyug College, Rander Road, Surat,
Contact Number: 0261-6557708, 0261-6557709.
Delhi Public School, Surat
DPS school is based on CBSE curriculum and the centralized branch of DPS frames the curriculum. It was founded in the year 2003 and is run by the Delhi Public School Society.
- The school follows centralized study pattern that is common in all schools of DPS.
- The school follows a strict discipline and hosts various co-curricular activities for holistic development of the students.
- The campus of DPS, Surat is vast and is spread across 7 acres of land. The school has been divided into separate blocks such as pre-primary, primary, secondary and senior-secondary blocks.
- The school is well-equipped with facilities such as wi-fi, AV room, resource centre, laboratories and other sports activities such as football, basketball, hockey, tennis, etc.
Address: Delhi Public School, Near Airport, Surat-Dumas Road, Post – Gavier, Surat – 395007
Contact Number: Pre-Primary School (Pre-Nursery to Class-II): 91-261-2204520 / 2204521. Primary School (Classes III to VI): 91-261-2204530 / 2204531. Secondary School (Classes VII to X) : 91-261-2204540 / 2204541
G D Goenka International School
It is a CBSE school which has residential facilities. The school is spread in a large campus and has all kind of modern technological facilities for children and staff.
- The school is co-scholastic with pre-primary, primary, middle and higher sections segregated.
- The school uses the up to date technological tools to impart the best learning to the children.
- The school is residential and can accommodate 500 students in the hostel.
- There is a provision for hostel tuition.
- There is a gym, salon and hospital on campus.
- There are all kinds of indoor and outdoor sports facilities, labs, auditorium, sports and fitness program, games and coaches, etc.
Address: Wisdom Valley campus, Nr. Anuvrat Dwar, New City Light Road, RCC Canal, Road, Barthana-Vesu, Surat-395007. Gujarat, India.
Contact Number: Phone: +91 261 2976000 ,+ 91 9925206903
Lourdes Convent High School
It is a school that was started in the year 1958 by the sisters of Sacred Heart. The school started its journey with just 26 students. The school was then taken over by Carmelite sisters in 1978. This year the school has finished 60 years of its journey.
- The studies are conducted to give space and learning time to each student based on his or her capability.
- The studies are
- The school is well-equipped with modern educational facilities like labs, library, garden, grotto, art studio, cultural hall, playground, technology campus, NCC room, etc.
- The School has a state-of-art infrastructure and is well-equipped with all the needed facilities.
Address: Lourdes Convent High School, Athwalines, Surat, Gujarat, India.
Contact Number: 0261- 2651116, 2669958.
Lancers Army School
Lancers army school was started in 1976. It is a co-ed army school known for its excellent atmosphere and strict discipline.
- The school follows the CBSE curriculum
- The school is known for its discipline and enjoyable atmosphere.
- There is a right balance of academics and extra-curricular activities.
- A lot of emphases is put on the physical fitness, outdoor sports and other extra-curricular activities.
- The school has well-ventilated classrooms with a vast playground.
Address: Lancers Army School, London House, Dumas Road, Surat, Gujarat – 395007.
Contact Number: 0261- 2212735, 0261- 2257621, 0261- 2211602.
P Savani Cambridge International School
PPSCIS follows CIE affiliated IGCSE syllabus which includes primary checkpoint, secondary checkpoint, IGCSE and A levels. It is one of the oldest schools of Surat which is run by the Prabuddha Education Trust. The school was started in the year 1987.
- IGSCE curriculum gives international exposure to the students and is designed to ignite the curiosities and learning by questioning aptitude in students.
- The foreign universities readily absorb the pass outs from this school. With 30% foreign universities readily absorbing students with IGCSE syllabus.
- The curriculum makes the students confident, reflective, innovative, engaged and responsible.
- The campus is beautifully designed with well-lit classrooms equipped with smartboards.
- There are updated separate laboratories for each discipline.
- There is plenty of space for outdoor sports, extra and co-curricular activities.
Address: Mota Varachcha – Abrahma Road, At & Po. Abrama Tah. – Kamrej, Surat 394150
Phone: +91 9909991024/34, +91-9909991004, +91-9099903861/62/63
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
S D Jain Modern School
The school is affiliated to CBSE curriculum. The school was started in 1999. There are more than 4000 students in the school.
Curriculum: The curriculum of this school lays a lot of emphasis on the moral, cultural and holistic development of the students.
- The school is enormous with more than 100 classrooms.
- The school offers transport facilities with more than 22 buses solely dedicated to this.
- The school has 3 AV rooms, two well-stocked libraries, two swimming pools, 6 activity rooms which include gymnastics, yoga, skating, gymnasium, 3 multipurpose halls, 5 well-equipped computer rooms, etc.
Address: Nr. Vesu Char Rasta,Udhna Magdalla Road,
Contact Number: +91-261-4009400.
Tapti Valley International School
The school opened in the year 2011. It is a co-ed CBSE school that has its classes from LKG to class XII.
- The curriculum is designed to follow the principle of learning by doing.
- The curriculum is designed in four parts which involve Question, theory, test and reflection.
- The school is centrally air-conditioned and has a multi-purpose hall. It has an Audio-visual room with seating capacity of 1200 people.
- There are separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- It has music, arts and theatre and fine arts centre on campus.
- Other facilities include transport, language labs, science labs, library, resource centre, dining hall, medical facilities, tuck shop, etc.
Address: 307, Ground floor, Vijay Apartment, Near Narmad Library Athwalines, Surat – 395007 Gujarat, INDIA.
Admission Helpline No: 07698007606.
The school is affiliated to CBSE board. It offers Science and Commerce as optional streams in high school.
- The School lays a strong emphasis on physical competence, artistic skills, aesthetic skills and intellectual abilities. The school has designed a curriculum which is a mix of studies and extra-curricular activities.
- The facilities in school include a canteen, Audio-Visual auditorium, labs, conference room, playground, library, admin office, etc.
Address: Opp. Lakeview Garden, Piplod, Dumas Road, Surat-395007, Gujarat, India.
Contact Number: +91 261 2252535, +91 9687652535.
Divine Child High School
The school was established in the year 1996 and it is a co-ed school.
- The school runs CBSE and GSEB boards.
- The school believes in giving children openness of mind and giving them academic freedom.
- Two computer labs, Hi-tech AV lab, Science laboratories, library, playground for volleyball, basketball, etc. Other sports include badminton, yoga, meditation lab, carrom, chess, skating, karate, dance and athletics.
Address: Near Ram Chowk, Surat – 395001,
Contact Number: +91 – 261 – 2231515.
TM Patel International School
This school is owned and managed by Pearson Group. The school teachers are trained and certified by Pearson Assured Services which is the U.K’s largest awarding body. The school is relevantly newer and was started in 2016.
- The school follows Emilia Reggio, Maria Montessori, Friedrich Froebel, Rudolph Steiner curriculum in kindergarten.
- Currently, the classes are from kindergarten till 7th
- There are many facilities in school to engage the children with a constructive learning experience. The facilities include the library, the computer labs, music, art room, theatre and drama, etc.
- There are plenty of sports activities too like volleyball, basketball, cricket, football, etc.
Address: Plot No FC-188, T.P. Scheme No.1, Ratna Sagar Society, B/H. Big Bazar Piplod-Vesu, Surat.
Contact Number: 0261-6515566