The class for the student of UKG/PP2 begins with social behavior.
For example: Wishing teachers, sitting properly, and taking care of belongings with proper demonstrations.
Besides this, there are various topics taught to the students of UKG/ PP2 in India.
We have put together the complete syllabus based on all boards (CBSE,ICSE,ISE,SSC,Cambridge,IB etc).
UKG Syllabus In India : 2019-2020
In a quest to improve the abilities of the child, the Syllabus for UKG has been designed by allotting special focus on the areas mentioned below.
- Sound of letters
- Objects related to letters
- Vowels and Consonants
- Vowel words
- Article a/an
- This-That & These – those
- One- Many
- Rhyming words
- Reading words and sentences aloud. Having social conversations
- Use of Genie board, flash cards, oral interaction, written work, worksheets, storytelling and enactment.
- Picture composition, making sentences with certain words or structure and use of ‘in’, ‘on’ and ‘under’ in sentences.
- Revision of the English language basics.
- Right- Left
- Front – Back
- Top – Bottom
- Count and write, colour and match
- Before, After, Between number (1-100)
- Forward and Backward counting (1-50)
- Number names (1-50)
- Skip counting 2 & 5
- Picture Addition
- 1 digit addition
- Picture Subtraction
- 1 digit Subtraction
- Simple addition & subtraction using objects
- Putting signs like ‘>’, ‘<’ and ‘=’
- Addition and subtraction without objects or pictures
- Red, Yellow, Blue (Shades – Light & Dark)
- Orange, Green, Purple (Shades – Light & Dark)
- Black, White, Pink (Shades – Light & Dark)
- Parts of body
- Sense organs
- My Home
- My Family
- My School
- Animals and their sounds
- Animals and their young ones
- Talking about all types of transport as well as proving a demonstration in vehicles
- A visit to a police station or post office
- Introduction to traffic rules and safety
- Project on collecting a few living and non-living things
- Introduction to air, water and sound pollution